What are the prerequisites?
Knowledge of HTML is required. Previous experience building
web sites strongly recommended. Previous Lasso experience
is helpful but not required.
What if I'm not using FileMaker?
The code we'll be learning applies regardless of the underlying
database, so you need not be a FileMaker user to take the
class. MySQL users will benefit too.
What are we going to cover?
The CD includes the following demo sites that we'll build
- A Corral architecture site
- A site where you have to log in to view some pages
- A site that uses sessions
- A site built with Lasso Studio
- A site that caches database results from FileMaker so
the database need not be accessed more than once
- A full-featured online commerce web store that combines
everything we've learned
Here are the major sections in the Lasso Master Class courseware
that you'll receive:
- Introduction to Lasso
- What Can I Do When I Leave Here?
- Why the Combination of Lasso and FileMaker?
- LDML, Square Brackets, and LassoScript
- Preparing Your FileMaker Database
- Using Lasso Studio
- Building a Guest Book
- Using Includes
- Searching and Editing
- Important LDML Components
- Variable Scope
- Arrays and Maps
- Working with Sessions
- Custom Tags
- Corral Methodology
- Development Resources
- Securing Your Site
- A Practical Login System
- Moving Between Secure and Non-Secure Pages
- Encryption & Decryption
- Building a Complete Complex Site
- Guarding Against Fraudulent Transactions