Converts a number to the correct words, works with 2 decimals only
Be the first to rate this function Log in to vote
Eric van Oosterom - Show more from this author
HarperMac Marine Survey
Function definition: (Copy & paste into FileMaker's Edit Custom Function window)
* CREATED by Don Wieland as MoneytoWords
* Updated Aug 10th 2006 by Tim Anderson as as MoneytoWords2
* - "Modification of Don Wieland's CF to include an 'and' after hundreds where appropriate.
* - error in formula for numbers over a million, plus now gives :
* Seven Million, Six Hundred and Fifty Four Thousand and Twenty One pounds
* rather than: Seven Million, Six Hundred and Fifty Four Thousand, Twenty One pounds
* Updated by Eric van Oosterom
* - added expressions "Currency" and "DecimalCurr" so that people don't have to change anything in the CF itself.
* - Enclosed the whole formula in a let statement.
* - made the code better readable.
* - renamed the CF to NumbertoWords, slightly clearer name because it can be used for other number than only for money.
Note: these functions are not guaranteed or supported by BrianDunning.com. Please contact the individual developer with any questions or problems.