Top Ten Things to Do at Devcon
by Brian Dunning
article | del.icio.us
10. Sit in the back row of the conference sessions, playing
DopeWars for FileMaker on your
PowerBook. (OK, so it's a shameless plug, but come on...you
know to expect that from me by now.)
9. Cruise down the main drag in town, impressing the locals
with your FileMaker shirt, basking in the glory of your ability
to show yourself off as Computer Savvy.
8. Hock your free drink tickets for cab fare back to the
hotel from wherever you woke up and found yourself.
7. Network and hand out business cards all day, then discover
your driver's license and credit cards are not to be found.
6. Register several times to collect as many free copies
of FileMaker Pro as possible.
5. Be the first to write a golf scoring solution in FileMaker,
arrive at the golf course, and find that everyone else has already
made one too.
4. Borrow someone's conference binder to "check the schedule,"
then hand it back minus the coupons page (I had mastered this
technique by my second conference).
3. Finally win an award, but miss the ceremony by sitting
at the bar with the other curmudgeons, blaspheming about how the
annual awards are all political anyway.
2. Realize how antiquated your recent bankrupting laptop
purchase has already become.
And the Number One activity for this year:
1. Get liquored, clap Dominique Goupil on the back and
say "How about that 4D?"
Reader feedback on this article:
I found your site from a Google search while looking for a FileMaker
solution to track our company golf league scores as easy as possible.
When I went to your site, I was not able to find the product referenced.
Do you still have it available?